Monday, February 22, 2010

Good times!

We've been busy the last few weekends!

Last Saturday (the day before Valentine's Day) Michael and I dropped the kids by his parent's house and headed down to San Diego for a V-day getaway.
We've been trying to be really smart with our finances lately, so we lucked out when Michael was able to get a night for free at the beautiful Marriott (near the gaslamp district in downtown) by cashing in his "award points" that he gets through work...
This is actually the same hotel that we stayed at the night we got married...ahh...memories :)
Oh yeah...and I had saved some money that I made a while back from doing a little design work on the side...so that paid for dinner. Nothing beats a free (or at least cheap) getaway!

So we headed south, went to lunch at Pat & Oscars and did some browsing at Ikea in mission valley. I haven't been there since college. I LOVE how cheap everything is! I know its not always the best quality but if you're just buying accessories to decorate with, its good enough for me! I got a really cute lantern for $15! We just hung it in our dining room as a make-shift chandelier. I'll be sure to take pics of it soon...I really like the way it turned out!

So anyway, we got all dolled-up and went out for a yummy seafood dinner later that evening.


I borrowed my entire outfit from my neighbor...since my closet basically consists of jeans and cotton t-shirts, there's not a coctail dress in sight!
Have I mentioned that I love having a fashionable neighbor/friend? Especially since she's pregnant and can't wear any of her normal clothes. I feel like I'm back in college, playing dress-up in someone else's closet.

So, the next day we woke up and had breakfast in bed, got ready, then headed over the bridge to spend the day in Coronado. The weather was absolutely beautiful!
We walked on the beach, had lunch, and just really enjoyed spending the day together, with NO interuptions!...talking...daydreaming about what our future may hold...etc.

It was sad to head back that afternoon but at the same time, its always great to be welcomed home by our munchkins wrapping their big hugs around our legs!



Fast forward 5 days...

Here are the pics from Friday, when we took Audrey to Disneyland for her early b-day present.
It was great to spend the day with just our little lady. So many times Wylie demands the most attention from us, since he's the youngest, and she gets "the short end of the stick"...so it was wonderful to devote the entire day to her.

The highlight of the day (by far) was meeting 3 of her favorite princesses...
Belle

Tiana

Ariel

oh yeah, and Tinkerbell

Auntie Sara and Uncle Dan were there too (celebrating Dan's birthday) so we were able to have lunch with them.





We had a great time and enjoyed a FULL day at the 2 parks. We got there around 8:30am and didn't get on the road till about 10:30pm. Audrey passed out in the stroller around 9, so she missed the awesome fireworks show. She INSISTS that there were no fireworks that night and that Daddy and I aren't telling the truth when we talk about the fireworks...I guess she thinks that the world stops when she goes to sleep.

So...those were the exciting things that we've done lately.
Now I'm just prepping for a week as a single parent, since Michael will be away at Pole Climbing school (not to be confused with pole dancing school...thats a whole other "profession").Luckily he'll be able to come home for a bit on Thursday night to celebrate Audrey's birthday with her. Oh my gosh!...I still can't believe that my little baby girl is turning 4!
Tear, tear!
We'll save all those emotions for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment