Friday, April 10, 2009

Visit with Grammy and Papa

Prayers were answered...Michael and his group have returned safely from Tijuana, Mexico. They had a great time working together and building the house...but I think they are glad to be home, back in their own beds and enjoying warm showers (and I'm glad to have my hubby home!)
My parents got an early start on the road this morning, heading back home to New Mexico. I'm always sad to see them go...I sure do wish we got to see eachother more often! Although I wouldn't blame them if they were ready to be kid-free for a while (and by kid, I mean Audrey). Lets just say she was a handful while they were here! She really wouldn't listen for anything! I feel like I was constantly having to discipline her. But, despite all the meltdowns, we still had a lot of fun...and I am SO thankful for all their help while Michael was gone! (Grammy and her kiddos)
My mom brought a lot of fun things for her and Audrey to do together. We all built this cute little bunny house. Audrey was very specific and precise about where she wanted each peice of candy to go (hmmm, wonder who she gets that from!)
My dad was very busy the whole time they were here. He, along with our friend Jacob, built 4 alters and a communion table for our old church. They turned out beautifully (wish I had a picture to show!) Audrey had fun out in the garage, playing with papa's pile of saw dust and building towers out of the scrap wood.
We had a good time visiting our old church for their grand opening at their new facility last sunday. Audrey had fun playing with Kamryn while we were there.
As I stated earlier, my parents were a huge help! My mom helped me give the kids all their baths...and of course (as any good grandma would) she turned each one into a photo shoot.
Oooh, Audrey had sooo many tangles that night! This smile soon turned to tears :(
Grammy made this adorable pillowcase for Audrey (an early easter present). Mom, you're getting more and more creative!
Yesterday, Audrey had a big play date with her friends Kamryn and Olivia. They decorated easter eggs and had SO much fun!
Here is Kamryn decorating her egg.
We all chowed down on Grammy's quesedillas afterwards. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment