Friday, January 8, 2010

Surprise!

Yesterday I left sunny Southern California for the blistery cold weather here in New Mexico.
I left work at noon, drove to LAX and caught my plane (all by myself...no kids or hubby). FREEDOM!
I couldn't believe how quiet my flight was! No diapers to change, no noses to wipe, no whiny kids...it really was foreign to me! In a way I felt like I was missing a few appendages.

I came to surprise my mom at her 60th birthday party!

My dad and I had been scheming for months to pull this off. We have been SO excited!
My uncle picked me up from the airport, then we were off to the party.
My aunt made a delicious dinner, there were about 18 close friends and family there...and a BIG box on the front porch.
Check out what happened next!


It was a WONDERFUL surprise! I think it almost knocked her socks off!
I asked her later if she was disappointed that I wasn't a new dog...she wasn't :)
We had SO much fun with all our family and friends! What a great celebration. Lots of old funny stories were told, LOTS of laughs!
I'm here through the weekend. I'm looking forward to stealing my mom away for some special mother/daughter time, and other than that, just relaxing and enjoying my family.
Oh, I forgot to mention...my mom came in my room this morning to wake me up (she was making french toast...mmm) and she opened the blinds and there was a light dusting of snow all over the back yard...so pretty!
We're not in So. Cal. anymore, Todo!

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I lOVE it!!! Steph I am so glad it was on video and I am so happy you are there! ENJOY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww pajero! what a sweet little bird you are :) flying to see your mama. haha. it will be a birthday she will NEVER forget. enjoy your special moments with your mom and take some pictures!
    -alli

    ReplyDelete