Monday, March 9, 2009

Here's the update!

Ok, so I know its been a long time since I've posted a blog so I'm just going to summarize whats been going on in our lives. Well, lets see...since my last post, Wylie has had a couple of drs appts. The first one was with an ENT who was checking his tongue cause he is tongue-tied. For those of you who don't know, it just means that the connecting tissue (the frenulum) that holds the tongue to the bottom of your mouth is connected right behind his teeth. The doc said that there are a couple of reasons this could be a problem, a few being: speech development, not being able to clean his mouth with his tongue, a lot of times it can cause trouble with nursing but obviously that hasn't been an issue. Anyway, he said that if we would have brought him when he was a newborn, he would have clipped his frenulum right there in the drs office but since he is bigger now and more active, we're going to wait a year (till he's 1.5 yrs) and then he'll be able to put Wylie out for the procedure (which he says takes less than 5 minutes). So, it was nice to get all that figured out. Then a few days ago, he had his 6 month check-up. That doc said everything looks great, that he is very healthy, and he is in the 95th percentile in both height and weight. We are very thankful for our BIG, healthy boy who just got his 1st tooth! Can I just say though that teething SUCKS (specifically in the middle of the night!) On another note, Wylie's most recent thing that he LOVES doing is squealing. He sounds like a stuck pig! I think he just loves to hear himself...he's probably sick of his sister making all the noise.

And speaking of Audrey, I think she might be bi-polar! Not really, but its just that last night while we were getting the kids ready for bed, she went from cracking up laughing to crying hysterically probably about 5 times in 10 minutes...can you say "mood swings"! Wow, it was exhausting! Wylie and I just kinda sat back and looked at each other like "what is her problem?" But other than that, Audrey has been getting a little bit better about her sassy-ness...or maybe we're just getting a little bit better about avoiding the things that make her tick. I'm just looking forward to the changes that this year will bring in her maturity and understanding of certain situations. She did get a special belated birthday present from her great Aunt Aleta this weekend that she had a blast with! It was a little cookie set that lets her prepare and "bake" these pretend cookies in her little house...so she just had a blast with that (I should have taken a picture!) And she also had tons of fun with Auntie Sara who was stayed with us for the weekend (since Dan is still in Australia). Sara talked me into going for a jog with her on Saturday morning and lets just say that it wasn't a pleasant experience! I am SO out of shape! and I am crazy soar! I think I need to follow Michael's lead and exercise more often (once a month would be an improvement for me!) Michael has been working out like crazy for the last 2 months and has already lost like 20 lbs...good for you babe! I'm proud of you! Here's a picture of Michael bench-pressing Audrey...

And here is the only other picture that I've taken recently (I've been a slacker) and its of Audrey playing dress-up with Mia. That poor dog will put up with anything!

Oh, wait, I lied...I have one more picture that Miss Nancy sent me the other day when she was watching the kids. She said that Wylie is our little leprechaun :) Sorry its a little blurry, it was sent from her phone.

1 comment:

  1. im grateful for an update!!!! gooooo michael! wow! troy went like 4-5 times after they talked about it ...and well...since he was going at night..we started watching tv one night and the rest is history! oh well! he can start again!

    ReplyDelete