Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

K, I'm not really sure why all this text is underlined, but just try to ignore it. Anyway, we had a lot of fun this past weekend! On Saturday morning we left town (the weather was already in the high 80's) and headed to the beach for a fun family day...but when we got there it was COLD! We tried to deal with it for a while, hoping that the clouds would break up. Audrey played in the sand...she made friends with the little boy who was sitting close to us...but I was freezing and made the executive decision to hit the road. I really wish that we would have brought more clothes but it was crazy hot at home so we didn't even think about it. Oh well, we still had a good time and Wylie got to go to the beach for the first time. We'll try again next month when we head to Laughlin...I know it won't be cold there!

Since yesterday was mother's day Michael got up with the kids at 5:45 (ugh!) and let me sleep till 7:30...so that was nice! He also got me a gift certificate to Glen Ivy Hot Springs that I'm going to use for a girls day with his mom. I can't wait! A whole day of pure relaxation...wow!
Then yesterday at church, Wylie was dedicated along with a few other babies. Michael's mom, step-dad, brother, sister, grandma and aunt were able to come and watch. It was really fun having them all at church with us!


After church we headed to Chili's for lunch. The wait was kinda long (but thats to be expected on Mother's Day) but we had a big tasty lunch! Then we just hung out at home for the rest of the day...except we went and got yummy frozen yogurt for dinner :D Overall it was a very good weekend!...and it was fun to celebrate being the mommy of my 2 kiddos, who I love SO much!

1 comment:

  1. awww your beach outfit SO reminds me of our room junior year!!! red and zebra!! i love it!! happy mothers day momma!

    ReplyDelete