Friday, May 15, 2009

Who needs toys...

Who needs toys when you've got an old diaper box to play with? Audrey and Wylie had so much fun on tuesday morning playing "Bus" in this box. Of course Audrey was the driver and Wylie was the passenger who just wouldn't sit down or listen to her, but regardless, they had fun!
Soo, here's my little health update...
On tuesday evening when I was getting changed, I noticed that my right boob was really sore (sorry if this is too much information) so of course I took imediate notice, since between nursing the 2 kids I have developed Mastitis no less than 5 times. (The first time I had it was when Audrey was just a couple weeks old and it got SO bad that they had to cut it open so it could drain.) So when I woke up on wednesday morning, it was REALLY sore and it was turning red and hot to the touch (signs of infection). So, I called into work, dropped the kids off at Ms. Nancy's and went straight to urgent care. Around this time I started to get really achy all over my body. I was seen by the PA, who looked like he was 12 yrs old...a little akward since I had to show him my "goods". Anyway, he put me on an antibiotic and I am doing much better now...I'm just hoping that this is the last time that I'll develop mastitis! After all, I only plan on nursing Wylie for another 4 months or so.
Do you think my kids will ever appreciate all I have been through for them?...hmm...probably not...but its still worth it ;)

2 comments:

  1. ouch!!! steph im sorry...i hope it goes away and NEVER comes back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that sucks! i've had the pleasure of meeting mr. mastitis too- not fun. hope you feel better!keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete