Thursday, July 2, 2009

My latest creation...

I've had the urge to decorate lately...big time. I have so many ideas that I want to try! The only thing is, my house is already decorated so I've been finding fun little things to curb my urge :)
Yesterday I tackled a blank wall in Audrey's room and came up with this cute little arrangement. The wall has been bugging me for the last year and a half cause I just couldn't figure out what to put there. I like the height of the molding but makes it awkward to hang any pictures, etc. So, I made this work! Audrey loves it but she can't quite figure out exactly what it is. She keeps saying "hmmm, maybe its easter eggs" or "maybe its flowers" or "maybe its humming birds" (have no idea where that one came from!) Personally, they remind me of Dr. Seuss trees.
Oh, and my husband was happy too cause it was a cheap project. We already had the letters from her nursery, so all I had to buy was a few sheets of scrapbook paper and a roll of ribbon.

NEXT PROJECT...sewing pillows and a valance for our "office/guestroom/workout room." Then after that...well, I've got more ideas but I'll just keep those in my head for now cause Michael gets nervous when I start talking "projects."

4 comments:

  1. thats adorable!!! is that the wall when you walk in that is to the right? i love projects! I am making lucy a quilt right now!!! yeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrong, your next project is the baby's room. She's going to love auntie Steph and her cool room!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, that is adorable! I wish you and I lived closer so you could help me with Finn's room! Your kids are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete