Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another weekend has quickly passed and here we are on Wednesday again. Here is just a quick reflection of a few highlights from our past weekend.Saturday morning, Audrey and I went on a "Mommy/Daughter" date. We went to Starbucks and enjoyed a beverage and sweet treat from the pastry counter. We had a good time together. Lots of laughs. That girl can be such a ham sometimes! I'm sure the people seated around us were wondering why I found it necessary to bring my 3 year old...especially since they were all seated so quietly, enjoying their cup of coffee and reading their paper. We left once she got out of her chair and started running around dancing. Probably not such a good idea to give her blueberry coffee CAKE for breakfast!
After "breakfast" we went to treat mommy with a pedicure. It started out nice and relaxing. Audrey sat on my lap as we soaked our feet in the water...but then she got bored. So I tried to entertain her by singing some of her favorite songs...quietly. (Mary had a Little Lamb is currently on the top of her list...and Do Your Ears Hang Low is a close second). I think the little Vietnamese guy who was doing my nails really enjoyed our performance. He kept clapping. But then Audrey got so into the songs that once again she started running around the nail shop dancing...like she was on center stage. (This must have been when the sugar from the coffee cake really set in). The rest of the pedicure wasn't too enjoyable. She got numerous "mommy glares" from me, but evidently those don't really effect her. Needless to say, she won't be accompanying me to the nail shop any time soon!

Saturday evening we did something new and fun for us! At a nearby museum one of the local school's PTAs put on a Movie Night Under the Stars. We had SO MUCH FUN! They showed A Bug's Life. We brought our sweatshirts and blanket to lay on and just enjoyed the fun atmosphere. At one point during the movie, Audrey and I looked up and could see SO many stars...it was such a clear night. I think Wylie really enjoyed it too (he typically loves being outdoors). He was being quite a character that night, making Michael and I laugh. He even got brave enough to take like 10 steps in a row. He'd take a few, think about sitting down, then realize that he still had his balance, then take a few more. Michael and I got SUPER excited...thinking "He's FINALLY gonna start walking!" But then he was over it. Which I guess was fine with me, since I didn't have the video camera.
So, on the way to the museum we drove through Taco Bell to grab some dinner (I know, I know...starbucks for breakfast and taco bell for dinner...I'm a horrible mother...now get over it).
So Audrey had her usual, a bean and cheese burrito and Wylie had peaches (good mom) and then just picked off our food for the rest of his meal.
Well I was so excited about this fun event that I wanted to get a picture of my kids, so I stood back and tried to get their attention. I was able to get Audrey's attention but as you can see, something else caught Wylie's attention...Audrey's burrito. Which if you know Wylie, will not surprise you because on a typical day he eats more than me (and I don't have a little girly appetite).
It kinda reminds me of this picture of Audrey when she was a baby.
"Get in my belly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment