Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getaway

The hubby and I just returned from a fabulous week-long getaway! We enjoyed a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We've been waiting to do a vacation with just the 2 of us since, well, since our honeymoon...but ESPECIALLY since the kids have been born. I was a little hesitant (hmm...maybe that word is a little strong) to leave the kids for a week cause I hadn't been away from them for more than a night or two...but I knew they were in good hands (with Michael's parents). We took our laptop with us and were able to "Skype" them every night...which definitely took the edge off! Turns out they didn't even miss a beat while we were gone!
Here are a few pics of us on our adventure...oh yeah, and check out the new hair-do...I chopped it!
By the end of the first formal night we realized we hadn't taken any pictures of us all dolled up (cue cheesy mirror pic)
Getting ready to swim with dolphins in Puerto Vallarta. SO much fun!My favorite days were when we were "at sea." It was so nice not having ANYTHING to do! We just relaxed by the pool, layed in the sun and enjoyed eachother's company.
We loved Cabo! It is so beautiful there...it was our favorite port by far! We rented a wave runner and rode out to Land's End (see below)
It truly was amazing to get away! No diapers to change, no nap times, no temper tantrums...ahh bliss! But now I am so glad to be back at home with my sweet kiddos...I mean look at this little doll!...

No comments:

Post a Comment